Annie Ali Khan (Model)


She’s charming and charismatic and has oodles of attitude… Annie Ali Khan created a stir in the commercial scene via her appearance in Shehzad Roy’s much hyped Saali video. Prior to that, Annie was just one of the models; post video she became the model! Ever since, she became big news. Be it a fashion shoot or a TVC you were sure to see Annie in the midst of it all. These days however, the girl is keeping a low profile. Here, she gets candid about her choice of work.

SM. How much do you feel for a particular brand when you are modeling for it?
AAK. I do believe that a model has to feel positive about the brand that she is modeling for. I may not necessarily have to be using the brand myself but at least I should be aware of what it is that I’m endorsing.

SM. What sort of a contribution can a model make towards the fashion industry?
AAK. Tremendous! Models are the carriers of the fashion ideal of a society as perceived by the designers. Models are an integral part of the fashion world and can make further contributions by establishing and maintaining standards at a personal level as well.

SM. The industry obviously has given you a lot making you one of its supermodels. How do you think you can pay back?
AAK. This industry has given me a lot and continues to do so for which I’m very grateful. I think the biggest contribution would be to strive to do better every time I take on a project and by being honest and giving my work a hundred percent, I hope I too am contributing for the betterment of the industry.

SM. Do you think our models have the capacity of matching the best in this business elsewhere in the world or even our neighbour India?
AAK. Absolutely! I think models like Iraj and Vinnie have really raised the standards of the fashion industry. They are tall enough to be on any ramp in the world. Our beauty icons too like Aminah Haq and Iman Ali have the presence and grace to represent us internationally. I think we have all come a long way and have evolved to a level where we can represent our country anywhere in the world.

SM. Do you think our industry or market is big enough to give our models the opportunity to do that?
AAK. There have been instances where some of our models have had a chance to work abroad but I do feel that a more concerted effort needs to take place to provide a platform for our models to be able to work outside Pakistan.
SM. Is modelling a lucrative business? What’s the commercial aspect of modelling besides the fame and glamor factor?
AAK. I don’t know about modeling being a lucrative business… sure the payoff is great if you establish yourself to a certain level but then again, that’s true for any business in the world. The fame and glamour come with success and success comes with hard work. There are no short cuts. You have to know what your assets and weaknesses are and pick projects carefully. It is how you project yourself.

SM. If given a chance, what steps would you take to revolutionize the modeling industry?
AAK. I would like to try to establish an organization that governs the rights of the models. A sort of a guild which can address the problems models face in a working environment and establish a forum to ensure that we get to learn and educate ourselves in our chosen field.

0 comments: (+add yours?)

Post a Comment